Purse Planter

Friday, July 23, 2010

Recently guest posted this over at The Queen of My House and now I want to share it here with you.

When I saw this handbag in my sis in law's "to the thrift store pile" I had to have it. Not cause I really love handbags and it was cute and stylish, which it was.

But for this! I made it into a purse planter! Now how cute is that?!
I simply cut out the liner which allowed more room for the soil. Then I took an ice pick and poked drainage holes in the bottom of the purse (there was a leather bottom). Next I took a plastic shopping bag, cut the bottom off, then lined the purse. This way the moisture will be held in on the sides but cutting out the bottom will allow it to drain. Fill with soil and plants and ta da! You can even plant the pockets if you like!

Check it out, being all cute next to my bench!
Have you made any crazy planters lately?

Linking up at:
S- The DIY Showoff, Under the Table and Dreaming, MThe Girl Creative, MM Party at BNOTP, Making the World Cuter, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Keeping it SimpleT- Coastal Charm, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Hope Studios, ReinventedW- Blue Cricket Design, Life in the Pitts, Me and My Bucket, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Room to Inspire, Creations by Kara, Just a Girl, T- The Shabby Chic Cottage, Life as Lori, Somewhat Simple, Beyond the Picket Fence, Fireflies and JellybeansF- A Few of My Favorite Things, It's FUN to Craft, The Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk InteriorsS- Along for the Ride, I Heart Naptime

21 comments:

  1. aww what a neat idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brilliant! That is a darling planter. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you creative? Way to go! This is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea!!! My husband's aunt passes along all kinds of handbags to me so I've already got quite a selection :) Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative. I love it.

    Visiting by way of Whatever goes Wednesdays

    ~Makalani
    Makaz Home

    I'm hosting a halloween inspiration link party until the end of the week, would love any inspiration that you have. Link up here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever and cute! I also love your planter with your address on it! I am totally doing this! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/purse-planter/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute!! I would have never thought of using a purse as a planter... It turned out fabulous!! :) Coming from Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Idea, I'd never think about it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that purse planter...heading to the closet now to find a planter!! Gonna keep my eyes open the next time I head to the thrift store as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your great comments everyone!

    Planter Update - The plants are totally thriving in this planter! May post an updated photo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute clever idea! I think it's soo great!
    I think I'm going to have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling and so unique. I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! I'm a purse to planter person too : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great idea. I have an old straw purse that I think I will do too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw this on DIY Show off and it is SO cute! I just love all this inspiring ideas, who would of thought to use a purse. Great idea and post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute and clever! I seriously would have never thought of this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg!...are you kidding me?...this is beyond adorable!...i'm so loving this!...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love what you do with my hand-me-downs ... lol too cute!!

    ReplyDelete