Skull Candlesticks

Monday, October 11, 2010

These skull candlesticks are quick, easy and they look cool too! And the best part, they are super affordable!

From the Dollar Tree we have glitter skulls $1 each and a 2 pack of battery powered tealight candles $1 for the pack. The wooden candlesticks are from a thrift store and paid a whole 74 cents for the set!

Here's how we did it! First painted the wooden candlesticks black with paint we already had. When dry we hot glued the glitter skulls to the candlesticks. Trace the tealight on top of the skull and carefully use a box cutter blade to cut it out! Take out pieces of skull to make way for your tealight. If you make a couple of X cuts in the area you want to remove the pieces come out easier.


 How's that for some super cool skull candlesticks that only cost $3.74 for the set!? Pretty great I'll say! They look so neat in person. These are great for Halloween decor but would also be perfect for a pirate theme party.


Linking up at:
eighteen25, S- The DIY Showoff, Under the Table and Dreaming, MThe Girl Creative, MM Party at BNOTP, Making the World Cuter, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Keeping it SimpleT- Coastal Charm, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Hope Studios W- Trendy Treehouse, Blue Cricket Design, Life in the Pitts, Me and My Bucket, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Room to Inspire, Creations by Kara, Just a Girl, T- The Shabby Chic Cottage, Life as Lori, Somewhat Simple, Beyond the Picket Fence, Fireflies and JellybeansF- A Few of My Favorite Things, It's FUN to Craft, The Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk InteriorsS- Along for the Ride, I Heart Naptime

24 comments:

  1. I was checking your blog when I have seen your comment in mine :)
    Your skull candlesticks are a great idea, thanks for sharing.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you on your blog but I didn't know how else to. I follow you all the time and I love what you do and wanted to share with you something new...I'm Kim and I loved going over to Trendy Treehouse every Monday to link up. When they announced that they were going to only host it once a month I contacted them to see if I could host one as well. I now have the first week up over at my blog and I'd love for you to come over and link up with me and share the blog hop! http://themisplacedmidwesterner.blogspot.com/2010/10/money-mondays-week-1.html

    Kim
    ******************************************
    The Misplaced Midwesterner ~ http://themisplacedmidwesterner.blogspot.com
    Naked Footwear ~ http://www.etsy.com/shop/klmram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great candle sticks! Can't beat thrift stores and glue guns...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and creative job. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute! I'm jealous, I never find candlesticks like that at thrift stores!!

    - Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea!! I love that you added the tealights it the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you did an awesome job! I wanted to let you know about a linky party I started called "Handmade Tuesdays." I feature a tutorial first and then I have a linky at the bottom where people link up their tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments everyone!

    @ Cameron- For sure you can't beat thrift stores and glue guns! And the dollar stores aren't to bad sometimes either!

    @ Michelle - sometimes you have to go quite often to find the "good stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! I love them.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori! Please join me again for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so CUTE; I might have to go to my Dollar Tree this week to see what I can find. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/5-fun-halloween-ideas/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this idea...too bad our Dollar Store is already out of skeletons. I knew I should have snagged some of these when I saw them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever idea. I saw those glitter skulls at the dollar store. A nice little project perfect for Halloween. Drop by and say hello. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the candle stick Idea. I have one of those glittery skeleton heads. I think I need to go in search of some candle sticks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very thrifty fun Halloween idea. Looks great with the glittery skull. That was a steal for the candle sticks. Great job on fixing them up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already have some candlesticks that have been begging for a makeover, thanks a bunch for this ide, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, stopped by from Coastal Charm! I love what you created, I bought a lot of the same things at the Dollar Tree and created some stuff of my own. SO FUN!!! I'll post them soon.

    btw I really like your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful idea. I'm making some skull candlesticks this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sppoky, but hip chic spooky! Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the project and the use of the little lights -- I've got to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever! Love 'em! Thanks for joining our party this week!
    {*Rebekah*}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Im your newest follower! Follow me at http://craftycierra.blogspot.com/ Make sure to enter my Giveaway! Let me know if your interested in doing a blog swap with me! Thanks! CierraLarsen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete